Friday, July 15, 2016

Merry Sketch-mas

How is it possible that we're already halfway through our ♥JINGLE BELLES♥ year without the treat of a lovely sketch challenge from our resident sketch artist, Stephanie Severin?? Well, we don't quite know how that happened, but we're prepared to fix it right now:


Of course as always we're all about the inspiration, so you can flip, rotate, stretch, shrink, change shapes, or generally use this roadmap in any way you like to jumpstart your creativity. Here's what we made this week:


Stephanie says, "With the repeating circles in the design, I decided to make holiday ornaments my focal point.  I built my card around the glittery ornament gift tag using papers from four different collections (including glittery green from some Halloween papers).  I finished with sticker sentiments & sequins."


Lauren says, "I love sketches generally, Stephanie's sketches particularly, and this sketch especially, because as soon as I saw it I immediately started thinking about which of my stash items would fit in the various shapes. My first thought was, "Ribbon, doily, postcard, flower!" ...and I got everything right except the ribbon, lol, which I later swapped out for a punched paper strip that matched better. Oh and I rotated the sketch ninety degrees clockwise, when the vintage postcard I chose to scan and resize turned out to be tall instead of wide."

Now it's your turn to pull out you favorite go-to ingredients and get creating using Stephanie's fabulous sketch. Link up here by 6pm (EST) on Wednesday, July 27th. Keyword for galleries and Flickr is JB:16-15.

1 comment:

Electra said...

Gorjuss samples, as always. Thanks Belles!