Friday, April 11, 2014

Joy to the Earth

Once again, it's the time of year to Celebrate Earth Day at Jingle Belles.


That means we're asking you to look around your house or your office and see what you can re-use, re-purpose, re-cycle or up-cycle ... maybe it's some twine in the kitchen, or even a bit of corrugated cardboard in the garage ... is there a gorgeous glossy advertisement in the magazine you've just finished ... or even some packaging from your art supplies that's just too pretty not to re-use.

Here's what we created for Earth Day:


Stephanie says, "Last year I picked up a box of envelopes at an Estate Sale, and when I got home, I discovered that it also contained Christmas cards received by the owner.  For this week's card, I recycled one of those cards (aren't the colors fantastic) using the Sweet Sunday Sketch.  I even recycled the back of the card (which was the same perfectly aged ivory as the card front) by using it to stamp my sentiment ... I love that I was able to give such a beautiful design a second life.


Lauren says, "A few years ago at my local crafting store i saw cards sporting gorgeous metal embellishments, and asked who the manufacturer was. It turned out they were made by one of the employees using the store's Cuttlebug machine, and flattened-out soda cans! Of course I rushed home to try it myself and discovered that although one has to be VERY careful cutting open the cans, the diecutting process couldn't be more simple! I used a Tim Holtz steel-rule die for this card, and the only thing I like better than the handsome reindeer is that no one would guess he started life as a can of Diet Dr. Pepper!"

Link your own card here before 6pm (EST) on Wednesday, April 23rd. Keyword for galleries and our Flickr group is JB:14:08. Have fun and be creative!


1 comment:

KatheD said...

Sweet! My *most favorite* challenge each year - I better get busy with some cards!