Friday, March 28, 2014

Spirit of Christmas Past

We're celebrating the look and feel of Christmas long ago, by making cards with a old-fashioned feeling. For you that might mean dipping into a cache of actual vintage paper or lace; stamping or downloading (or scanning) vintage style illustrations to use as a focal point; or even just using some of the gorgeous vintage-inspired paper and embellishments that are available in crafting stores. Maybe you'll mix it up and use a little bit of everything? The choice is yours!

Here's what we made this week:


Lauren says, "I don't think it's a secret that i love and collect all kinds of vintage paper and ephemera... both Christmas-themed and everyday, so obviously I was always going to go all out this week! I've used an illustration trimmed from an old holiday card, some vintage lace, old doilies and a bit of beautifully yellowed sheet music. A little bit of everything I love... all in one place!"



Stephanie says, "I started with an illustration from the top of a piece of vintage sheet music.  I used colored pencils to add highlights of color ... I wanted it to look like a vintage hand-colored black and white photographs.  The layout is this week's Unscripted Sketch, but I moved my jingle bells embellishment to the right side of the layout because they looked a bit odd coming out of the fair lady's head."

Remember, you don't need to use any AUTHENTIC vintage materials on your own card, just try to capture the spirit! But if you'd like a chance to acquire a few older goodies, we do have a lovely little prize this week:


One lucky card-maker will receive a Christmas-themed ephemera packet like this one from Lauren's Etsy shop, Just Enough Stuff, as well as a $10 gift certificate to spend on anything else you'd like from the shop! So be sure to link up your newly made, vintage-vibed holiday cards before 6pm (est) on Wednesday, April 9th, for a shot at the prize. Keyword for galleries and our flickr group is JB:14:07. 



4 comments:

Pumpy said...

This card is so beautiful. xx

Lorraine said...

Beautiful vintage cards ladies!

Rosmarie said...

I love christmas cards and there are just a few minutes, a blogger friend told me about your challenge blog and here is my first entry.
Rosi x

Jennifer said...

Such pretty DT cards, and the challenge theme is a really lovely one.

Hugs,
Jennifer. x