Friday, February 28, 2014

SKETCH-ing Around the Christmas Tree

Sketch-lovers rejoice! We're thrilled to debut our first sketch of 2014; it's by our very own sketch-mistress extraordinaire, the lovely Stephanie; and it's so flexible that we're sure EVERYONE will be pretty excited to make a card... or two... or three!


Here's how we used the sketch this week:


Lauren says, "I believe this was the EASIEST card i've made all year, and it's also one of my favorites. The proportions and shapes in the sketch are so wonderful, i felt like I couldn't go wrong! I've been saving the Crate Paper snow globe for just the right occasion, and when i saw the sketch I knew this week was it. I couldn't quite choose between the pretty trees and the elegant quatrefoil pattern, so I divided the background at the vertical line, for which I used a third coordinating paper. I love how this looks AND it's a nice flat mailable card!"


Stephanie says, "I started by choosing the item for my *circle*, a 3-D gift tag for my focal image ... then I finished my design using the sketch road-map and coordinating scraps of holiday papers ... I love the pop of glittery blue."

Now it's your turn to rock the sketch in your very own way. You have until 6pm (EST) on Wednesday, March 12, to link up as many cards as you're inspired to make! Keyword for galleries and our Flickr group is JB:14:05. ENJOY! 

5 comments:

Marianne said...

Great cards and a perfect sketch! I can see why you found it so easy to work with.

Lisa said...

Ohhhhh awesome sketch and fantastic inspiration Stef and Lauren!!

Just Me said...

love your challenge ...awesome layout and the cards here give you some neat ideas and are beautiful...

Rose said...

oh i love this sketch!!! fab cards girls :)

Anonymous said...

beautiful cards and thanks stephanie - a very fun sketch!