Friday, February 14, 2014

Rudolph the *RED* Nosed Reindeer

Since today is Valentine's Day, we're going ♥RED♥ for Christmas ... this week's prompt is to make a card that predominantly features the color RED. Here's what we made:


Stephanie says, "I went hunting for all things *RED* in my holiday stash and found this great Christmas Circle paper by Teresa Collins.  All I had to add were a plastic snowflake & plastic *think snow* words, which are some of the first embellishments I ever purchased when I started making cards ... so glad they finally found a holiday home."


Lauren's Card

Lauren says, "I've had this gorgeous Santa (who's scanned from a vintage greeting card, and printed out a bit smaller) sitting in my "leftovers" pile since the end of November, and I was thrilled to finally have the perfect card on which to use him! I've rotated the current Seize the Sketch ninety degrees to the left, added in a few other leftovers (like my last ancient scrap of SEI's gorgeous red velvet paper!) plus a bit of vintage (red!) doily, and called it a happy cardmakin' day." 


We hope you'll find time to ♥GO RED♥ with us ... upload your cards by Wednesday, February 26th at 6pm EST ... keyword is JB:14:04 for our Flickr (and other) galleries.

4 comments:

Darnell said...

Thanks for a fun red challenge, ladies, and such great inspiration cards! Hugs, Darnell

Lorraine said...

Ladies, your *RED* cards are an awesome inspiration this week!

Rose said...

LOVE the RED cards ladies :)

Lauren, congrats on your win over at Seize the Sketch with this RED card :)

Marianne said...

Love your RED cards ladies and congrats to Lauren for winning the sketch challenge with that stunning red creation. No entirely sure if my creation qualifies for the current prompt, but it is definitely dominantly red if not predominantly red, so I'm taking my chances...