Friday, August 12, 2011

bling on the holidays

i don't think it will shock any ♥JINGLE BELLE♥ to hear that both stef and myself enjoy a bit of bling year 'round! of course, in a christmassy context, sparkle is particurlary desirable and especially easy to pull off; after all, on just the tree alone there are shiny ornaments, twinkly fairy lights, and glittering tinsel that have already done half the work for us! this week, then, we're asking you to bling on the holidays by making cards which incorporate jewels, gems, beads, studs, pearls, glitter, stickles or *ANYTHING* sparkly!

here's what we did:

Lauren says, "i may have gotten just the teeeeeeeeeeeeniest bit carried away this week. even by my own standard in these matters, this card has A LOT of bling! my sparkly elements include: shimmer paper, metallic wired ribbon, a glitter snowflake, a pearl brad, rhinestone and stud flourishes... the *WORKS*!!! to balance all that out, i went with a transparency base to 'lighten' the background. or, well, that was my THEORY anyway, lol!" :)




Stef says, "One of my favorite things at Christmas is sitting in the dark and watching the lights twinkle on the tree ... that is the effect I wanted to create with my card. I die cut my Sizzix Christmas Tree #2 from embossed specialty paper, and then cut apart several bling flourishes to wrap the lights around the tree. I softly stamped Hero Arts new Collage Music Background and finished with an EAD Designs Rub-on. I kept it clean, so the focus is on the bling."


and now it's time to see what you will do: keep it elegantly C&S with just one dramatic rhinestone flourish, or load on a zillion sparkly embellies. anything goes in terms of style, color, and theme, but BLING ON THE HOLIDAYS and let your best ideas shine! inlinkz will be open until 6pm (EST) next wednesday, august 17th. keyword for galleries and our flickr gallery is JB33.




6 comments:

~amy~ said...

Blingalicious!

June Houck said...

Oh, Amy is right. These are blingalicious.

Rosemary said...

Oh I cannot wait to start on a card for this - BLING BLING BLING!

Love the inspirational cards you have both made - and no, I'm NOT shocked that you like bling!

Judy Ford said...

OH YEAH!!!! BLING IS BAACK!!!! Glitter here I come!!!!

Rose said...

had to get my shades on when looking at Lauren's card LOL
awesome cards girls (as always) and Steph i LOVE how you blinged up that tree :)

off to make my card i go now ;)

Anonymous said...

so nice cards to see!
Elma