Friday, June 17, 2011

All Bundled Up

This week our Lovely Guest Star ♥Candy Blake♥ is asking us to celebrate the holidays by bundling up ... so we're asking you to add lots of layers (three or more!) to create your cards this week.

In addition to being a talented scrapper and card-maker, Candy (who won our Jolly (& Lucky) Old Saint Nicholas drawing in May), is a SAHM to three beautiful kids and a Stampin' Up demonstrator! She's always been creative, counting paper, ink, stamps and her Cricut among her favorite things in life. Her "happy place" is her tiny craft room, where she can be found cutting, inking and gluing... ahhhhhh, the life! :) Living in Newfoundland, Canada, of course Candy knows a thing or two about *LAYERS* and Bundling up! Do be sure to check out her blog, Stampin' With Candy, but first check out her gorgeous card:




Candy says, "All Bundled Up" came to me while I was thinking about the warm and cozy feeling of being bundled up (inside, of course!!!) against the cold. When I'm paper crafting, I really love the challenge of seeing how I can play around with different elements, like tags, patterned papers ,etc, to create something unique and fun! This card reflects my love of layers.... lots of 'em!!!!"


Stef says, "This week's CPS Sketch is perfect for lots of layering.
I used Graphic45's Christmas Past Collection for my entire card.
I finished with a few pearls and a wrap of some gorgeous recycled
wire-edged packaging ribbon."



Lauren says, "i also used a sketch, from a fabulously named blog that's new to me, "try stampin' on tuesday!"; i love that it already had LOADS of stacked panels just waiting for me to fill 'em in with scraps of patterned paper old and new--each one matted to "up the layer count" lol!-- a vintage poem from ideals magazine and an image cut from an old greeting card, etc. i also added layers of inking, machine-stitching and epoxy stickers for even more dimension, and finished off with some pre-layered chipboard letters as my sentiment!"


And now it's time to see how you'll be inspired by "ALL BUNDLED UP"! Will your layers be patterned paper, cardstock, chipboard, fabric, paint, stamped images... or all of the above? Just make sure to include *three* layers (or more!) and link up here before 6pm (EST) next Wednesday, June 22nd. The keyword for galleries or flickr is JB25.







7 comments:

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Such pretty cards ladies!

Deanne :)

Beverly G said...

Thanks for the heads up on the new challenge Lauren. Ladies you keep creating some fantastic projects.

JLP said...

Awesome cards! I am looking forward to this!!

Anonymous said...

Great challenge girls thanks xx

~amy~ said...

Fab challenge...right up my alley! GREAT cards ladies!

Deborah Frings said...

Wasn't sure I'd make it this week, but I'm in!!

Great inspiration cards ladies - and a lovely challenge too.

Marie Bingaman said...

Great inspiration cards ladies! Sorry I couldn't post to my blog, but it wouldn't let me publish for so long, I thought it wouldn't let me today either, and I really wanted to get mine in this time! :)